INTERESTED IN HOW RAMBLIN’ RECK CLUB’S RECRUITMENT PROCESS WORKS? HERE’S A RUNDOWN OF HOW WE FILL OUR CLUB EVERY YEAR WITH FUN-SPIRITED AND HARD-WORKING TECH ENTHUSIASTS.
Every spring semester, Ramblin’ Reck Club holds RECKruitment in order to take in a new class of probates (probationary members). These probates are selected from a pool of applicants who must first submit an application and attend a series of RECKruitment events. Find the breakdown of these events below:
Overview of Application Process and Timeline
A full and complete application for membership includes:
- A written application submitted by January 27th at 5:00 PM
- Attendance at one of the three selected GT athletic events
- Attendance at the first social on Monday, January 29th
- Interviews (individual and group), January 30th – February 1st
- Attendance at the second social on Monday, February 5th (by invitation only)
- Attendance at the all-club Spring Retreat on Saturday, February 10th (if selected to be a 2018 probate)
For details about the above requirements, see below for more information!
Any absences or potential conflicts with the required events should be brought to the attention of Margaret Dickey via firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 27th.
Before applying be sure to read the following requirements:
- Applicants must be in good academic and judicial standing. We will verify your academic and judicial standing with the Institute.
- Applicants may not graduate prior to December 2018.
- Applicants must be able to attend a weekly probate meeting on Monday evenings from 6:15-7:15 PM and then the full club meeting at 7:15 PM. Exceptions to this can be made, but very rarely.
- Spring 2018 out-of-town co-ops and study abroad students are not eligible to apply this RECKruitment season. Fall 2018 out-of-town co-ops will be dealt with on a case by case basis. Email Margaret Dickey via email@example.com if you have questions or concerns.
The 2018 Ramblin’ Reck Club application is now closed.
Information Sessions (Non-Mandatory)
For anyone interested in learning more about Ramblin’ Reck Club, what we are involved in on campus, opportunities within the Club, and the recruitment process, we will be hosting three non-mandatory information sessions before the application deadline closes. Feel free to stop in and introduce yourself and get the low-down on all things RRC during one of the following sessions:
- Tuesday, January 16 – East Architecture Room 207 from 6:00pm-7:00pm
- Thursday, January 18 – East Architecture Room 107 from 6:00pm-7:00pm
- Tuesday, January 23 – East Architecture Room 207 from 6:00pm-7:00pm
First Social: Monday, January 29th at 7:15pm (Mandatory)
Attending this social is your chance as an applicant to meet Reck Clubbers for the first time, get a feel for what Ramblin’ Reck Club is all about, ask any questions you may have about the Club or getting involved, and most importantly, sign up for an interview time. No need to stress about this event; be yourself and talk to anyone you do not already know! Dress code for this event is business casual, and will be hosted in the Edge Building Trophy Room (on the corner of Techwood and Bobby Dodd).
RRC/Athletics Bonding (Mandatory)
In order to provide applicants a casual setting to interact with Reck Clubbers and get a better feel for the kind of spirit Reck Club has for Georgia Tech, all applicants must attend one of the following GT Athletic events. Please note that applicants need only attend one of the following athletic events in order to satisfy the recruitment requirements:
- Thursday, January 18th – Men’s Basketball game vs. UVA at 8pm in McCamish Pavilion
- Saturday, January 20th – Men’s Basketball game @ UNC at 2pm in the Student Center Theater
- This event will be a viewing party in the Student Center Theater since the game is away.
- Sunday, January 28th – Women’s Basketball game vs. UVA at 1pm in McCamish Pavilion
Interviews: Tuesday, January 30th thru Thursday, February 1st from 5:30-9pm (Mandatory)
The interview portion of RECKruitment is designed to allow for Reck Clubbers to get to know applicants on a more personal basis. No need to stress! We just want to give each applicant the time to express their ideas, commitment, and personality. The interview stage will include a 20 minute individual interview followed by a short group interview activity. Dress code for this event is business semi-formal, and will be hosted in the Student Success Center Skyboxes. Click here for directions to the building, and be on the lookout for directions inside the building to the Skyboxes once you arrive. Interviewees will sign up for an interview time slot during check-in at the first social on Monday, January 29th.
After all interviews have been conducted, the Recruitment Chair will notify each applicant whether they will advance to the second round of RECKruitment. During this second round, applicants will attend a mandatory second social (invitation only) held on the evening of Monday, February 5th. Further details for this event will be published to applicants personally.
Any time conflicts with these events should be brought to the attention of Margaret Dickey, Ramblin’ Reck Club Recruitment Chair, no later than Saturday, January 27th via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish you the best of luck during this recruitment process, and we look forward to meeting you soon! Thank you for considering joining Ramblin’ Reck Club!