INTERESTED IN HOW RAMBLIN’ RECK CLUB’S RECRUITMENT PROCESS WORKS? HERE’S A RUNDOWN OF HOW WE FILL OUR CLUB EVERY YEAR WITH FUN-SPIRITED AND HARD-WORKING TECH ENTHUSIASTS.
Every spring semester, Ramblin’ Reck Club holds RECKruitment in order to take in a new class of probates (probationary members). These probates are selected from a pool of applicants who must first submit an application and attend a series of RECKruitment events. Find the breakdown of these events below:
Overview of Application Process and Timeline
A full and complete application for membership includes:
- A written application submitted by January 28 at 5:00 PM
- Attendance at one of the three selected GT athletic events
- Attendance at the first social on Monday, January 3o
- Interviews (individual and group), January 31 – February 2
- Attendance at the second social on Monday, February 6 (by invitation only)
For details about the above requirements, see below for more information!
Any absences or potential conflicts with the required events should be brought to the attention of Kelcy Newton via firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 28.
Before applying be sure to read the following requirements:
- Applicants must be in good academic and judicial standing. We will verify your academic and judicial standing with the Institute.
- Applicants may not graduate prior to December 2017.
- Applicants must be able to attend a weekly probate meeting on Monday evenings from 6:30-7:15 PM and then the full club meeting at 7:15 PM. Exceptions to this can be made, but very rarely.
- Spring 2017 out-of-town co-ops and study abroad students are not eligible to apply this RECKruitment season. Fall 2017 out-of-town co-ops will be dealt with on a case by case basis. Email Kelcy Newton via email@example.com if you have questions or concerns.
The 2017 Application is now closed. Thanks to all who applied!
Information Sessions (Non-Mandatory)
For anyone interested in learning more about Ramblin’ Reck Club, what we are involved in on campus, opportunities within the Club, and the recruitment process, we will be hosting three non-mandatory information sessions before the application deadline closes. Feel free to stop in and introduce yourself and get the low-down on all things RRC during one of the following sessions:
- Tuesday, January 17 – Student Center Room 320 at 6pm
- Thursday, January 19 – Klaus Advaned Computing Building Room 2447 at 6pm
- Tuesday, January 24 – Instructional Center (IC) Room 107 at 6pm
First Social: Monday, January 30 at 7:15pm (Mandatory)
Attending this social is your chance as an applicant to meet Reck Clubbers for the first time, get a feel for what Ramblin’ Reck Club is all about, ask any questions you may have about the Club or getting involved, and most importantly, sign up for an interview time. No need to stress about this event; be yourself and talk to anyone you do not already know! Dress code for this event is business casual, and will be hosted in the Edge Building Trophy Room (on the corner of Techwood and Bobby Dodd).
RRC/Athletics Bonding (Mandatory)
In order to provide applicants a casual setting to interact with Reck Clubbers and get a better feel for the kind of spirit Reck Club has for Georgia Tech, all applicants must attend one of the following GT Athletic events. Please note that applicants need only attend one of the following athletic events in order to satisfy the recruitment requirements:
- Wednesday, January 25 -Men’s Basketball game vs. FSU at 7pm in McCamish Pavilion
- Thursday, January 26 -Women’s Basketball game vs. FSU at 7pm in McCamish Pavilion
- Saturday, February 4 – Men’s Basketball game vs. Wake Forest at 3pm at Tech Rec
- This event will be a viewing party in the multi-purpose room at Tech Rec since the game is away
Interviews: Tuesday, January 31 thru Thursday, February 2 from 5:30-9pm (Mandatory)
The interview portion of RECKruitment is designed to allow for Reck Clubbers to get to know applicants on a more personal basis. No need to stress! We just want to give each applicant the time to express their ideas, commitment, and personality. The interview stage will include a 20 minute individual interview followed by a short group interview activity. Dress code for this event is business semi-formal, and will be hosted in the Student Success Center Skyboxes. Click here for directions to the building, and be on the lookout for directions inside the building to the Skyboxes once you arrive. Interviewees will sign up for an interview time slot during check-in at the first social on Monday January 30th
After all interviews have been conducted, the Recruitment Chair will notify each applicant whether they will advance to the second round of RECKruitment. During this second round, applicants will attend a mandatory second social (invitation only) held on the evening of Monday, February 6th. Further details for this event will be published to applicants personally.
Any time conflicts with these events should be brought to the attention of Kelcy Newton, Ramblin’ Reck Club Recruitment Chair, no later than Saturday, January 28th via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish you the best of luck during this recruitment process, and we look forward to meeting you soon! Thank you for considering joining Ramblin’ Reck Club!